I am a socially conscious neuroscientist, passionate about everything from cells to phones, jewellery to genes, hippocampi to hip-hop...
I research digital interventions, social media data, molecular biology, neuroimaging, epidemiology, psychiatry, psychology, statistical methodologies, and other areas to improve our understanding of mental health. I have experience in senior research management roles.
I love engaging with youth culture, the arts and society.
Symposium, American Psychiatric Association, New York City, USA, May 2018: "New frontiers for artificial intelligence in psychiatry: from personalised health to community care". I will be creating a blog about my experiences throughout the conference 'here' soon.
Keynote Speaker, UCL Educational Psychology Group Leading Edge Day Conference, London, UK. 27th March 2018. Conference title: Children and young people in the digital age: what do EPs need to know? Talk title: "Putting ethics at the forefront of frontiers in digital mental health".
Invited, Mental Health roundtable hosted by the Policy Team, Facebook, California, USA, 21st March 2018.
BBC Tomorrow's World. Filming Session, London, UK, 17th March 2018.
Invited Speaker, Royal Society of Medicine, London, UK. Event called "Social media: challenges and benefits for mental health and wellbeing" on 14th November 2017. Find out more here: https://www.hippocraticpost.com/lifestyle/social-media-force-good-mental-health/ https://www.rsm.ac.uk/events/pyk02
Hip Hop Psych (Co-Founders: Drs Sule & Inkster) Journal of Hip Hop Studies, Volume 4, Issue 1, Fall 2017, pp. 43 – 49
Other WORK IN PROGRESS...
- Working with Legal & General to understand the risks and appropriate controls for the development and application of artificial intelligence in digital mental healthcare.
- Working with the Royal Society of Public Health and Facebook to follow up on the #StatusOfMind report
- Writing an eBook on young people and social media
- Review paper on EPO, depression, cognition, hippocampus and molecular pathways (under review at Translational Psychiatry)
- Innovation linking fashion, technology and psychiatry, in part to create a Public Mental Health Campaign Social Event tied into my 2018 Summer Digital Innovation in Mental Health Conference.