I am a disruptive neuroscientist, passionate about everything from cells to phones, genes to jewellery, hippocampi to hip-hop...
I research artificial intelligence mental healthcare, digital/clinical/music-based interventions, social media data, molecular biology, neuroimaging, epidemiology, psychiatry, psychology, statistical methodologies, and other areas to improve our understanding of mental health. I have experience in senior research management roles and I love engaging with youth culture, the arts and society.
- AI Global Governance Commission Meeting, Parliament, London, UK, June 2018.
- All-Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on Psychology Meeting, Parliament, London, UK, June 2018.
- UN AI for Good Global Summit, Invited Speaker, in partnership with The Leverhulme Centre for the Future of Intelligence, Geneva, Switzerland, 15-17 May 2018: "Earning the trust of disadvantaged AI stakeholders".
- American Psychiatric Association, Invited Symposium, New York City, USA, 5-9th May 2018: "New frontiers for artificial intelligence in psychiatry: from personalised health to community care".
- The Royal Society and The Leverhulme Centre for the Future of Intelligence, workshop invitation, London, UK, 3rd May 2018: "AI Narratives: How do we talk about AI?".
- All-Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on Social Media and Young People’s Mental Health and Wellbeing launch, Invited Speaker, Parliament, London, UK, April 2018.
- The Centre for Global Mental Health, The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, Invited Speaker, London, UK, 17th April 2018: "Digital psychiatry, ethics and society: a collection of disruptive thoughts".
- UCL Educational Psychology Group Leading Edge Day Conference, Keynote Speaker, London, UK, 27th March 2018: Children and young people in the digital age: what do EPs need to know? Talk title: "Putting ethics at the forefront of frontiers in digital mental health".
- Facebook Mental Health Roundtable, Global Policy Team, Menlo Park, California, USA, 21st March 2018.
- BBC Tomorrow's World, Filming Session, London, UK, 17th March 2018.
- Royal Society of Medicine, Invited Speaker, London, UK, 14th November 2017: "Social media: challenges and benefits for mental health and wellbeing". Find out more here: https://www.hippocraticpost.com/lifestyle/social-media-force-good-mental-health/
Hip Hop Psych (Co-Founders: Drs Sule & Inkster) Journal of Hip Hop Studies, Volume 4, Issue 1, Fall 2017, pp. 43 – 49
So glad you arrived safely. Cant wait to see you tomorrow :) https://t.co/BZ514AD7oU
Honoured to be the first Advisor for the AI Global Governance Commission. A role I will take very seriously, open-mindedly, and creatively.
Its so quiet in my inbox this morning.....ahhhhh....thank you GDPR