My Neuroscience Philosophy
I am a socially conscious neuroscientist passionate about everything from cells to society, genes to jewellery, and hippocampus to hip-hop...
I use tools in molecular biology, neuroimaging, epidemiology, psychology, psychiatry and social media data to improve our understanding of mental health. I have 5 years of experience in senior research management roles and I am extremely passionate about engaging with society, youth culture, and the arts.
Highlights for 2017...
- SUMMER 2017 CONFERENCE-
Innovation & Strategies for digital interventions in mental health
Find many of the conference lectures, and presentations here:
By HIP HOP PSYCH (Co-Founded by Dr Akeem Sule and Dr Becky Inkster)
Journal of Hip Hop Studies, Volume 4, Issue 1, Fall 2017, pp. 43 – 49
Horizons for 2018...
- Launching a mental health jewellery line (first piece shown above)
- Commissioned by The Lancet Psychiatry to write a Series on artificial intelligence, psychiatry and ethics
- working on some Wysa mental health chatbot data in partnership with Touchkin.
- Guest editing a Special Collection for the journal Biomedical Informatics on conference proceedings from #digitalmentalhealth2017
- Writing an eBook on young people and social media
- EPO, depression, cognition, hippocampus and molecular pathways (responding to reviewers comment at Biological Psychiatry)
#digitalmentalhealth2018 #DMH2018 (yep im gonna do it again!)