My Neuroscience Philosophy
I am a socially conscious neuroscientist passionate about everything from cells to society, genes to jewellery, and hippocampus to hip-hop...
I use tools in molecular biology, neuroimaging, epidemiology, psychology, psychiatry and social media data to improve our understanding of mental health. I have 5 years of experience in senior research management roles and I am extremely passionate about engaging with society, youth culture, and the arts.
Highlights for 2017...
Invited speaker at the Royal Society of Medicine, london, uk
Event called "Social media: challenges and benefits for mental health and wellbeing" on 14th November 2017. Find out more here:
- SUMMER 2017 CONFERENCE-
Innovation & Strategies for digital interventions in mental health
Find many of the conference lectures, and presentations here:
By HIP HOP PSYCH (Co-Founded by Dr Akeem Sule and Dr Becky Inkster)
Journal of Hip Hop Studies, Volume 4, Issue 1, Fall 2017, pp. 43 – 49
Horizon for 2018...
DIGITAL INNOVATIONS IN MENTAL HEALTH
Anti-Stigma jewellery line
- Launching a mental health jewellery line (first piece shown above)
- Commissioned by The Lancet Psychiatry to write a Series on artificial intelligence, psychiatry and ethics
- working on Wysa chatbot mental health intervention pilot data
- Guest editing a Special Collection for the journal Biomedical Informatics on conference proceedings from #digitalmentalhealth2017
- Writing an eBook on young people and social media
- EPO, depression, cognition, hippocampus and molecular pathways (Review paper; submitted to Nature Neuroscienec)